So what on Earth is G Suite?
G Suite is an integrated suite of cloud-based productivity and collaboration apps, designed by Google to help you run and grow your business.
Get apps like Gmail, Shared Calendar, Online Document Editing & Storage, and more. Use your own custom branded email, powered by Gmail, to interact with customers and coworkers wherever work takes you.
Collaborate in Google Currents, the new hub for teamwork where you can chat, organize voice & video conferencing, and share files within and outside your team.
Save files to Google Drive with one terabyte of online storage with access management, allowing access across a multitude of devices and platforms and on the go. Run your business with Calendar, empowering you to manage customer scheduling, meetings, referrals, and more, all from one place.
Want to utilise G Suite to achieve next level collaboration and productivity? Go ahead and order G Suite to securely manage and grow your business.
What is the Difference Between G Suite Basic and G Suite Business?
G Suite comes in several editions of which G Suite Basic and Business are the most popular.
G Suite Basic
Gives you a professional email address at your company domain name, 30 GB storage per user, and Google’s suite of collaborative business apps—including Gmail, Calendar, Drive, Docs, Hangouts, and more.
With G Suite Basic, you and the other users in your organization get:
- Gmail: Send and receive mail using your professional address, as in email@example.com
- Calendar: Share calendars and schedule meetings and events with ease
- Docs, Sheets, Slides, Forms, Surveys, Notes: Collaborate in real-time on online documents, spreadsheets, Notes, Surveys, Forms and presentations
- Drive: Store and back up files securely in the cloud
- Currents: Engage employees and have meaningful discussions. Build a productive community where everyone stays on the same page and works toward a common objective.
- Hangouts: Empower team members to join video meetings/conferencing from their laptop or any other device
G Suite Basic allows administrative or IT team to:
- Manage user accounts and security settings from a central Admin console
- Control user access to features and services
- Remotely manage your mobile fleet
- Track usage trends via audits and reports
- Receive 24/7 support from G Suite experts
Add more features
After getting G Suite Basic, you can:
- Add Drive storage for users who need more than 30 GB storage.
- Purchase Vault licenses for users who need eDiscovery, data retention, and archiving.
- Upgrade later for even more features to G Suite Business or Enterprise edition.
G Suite Business
G Suite Business delivers additional features, over and above G Suite, built specifically for the needs of businesses, such as advanced mobile device management and Google Vault.
Four main differences between G Suite Basic and Business are additional cloud storage, cloud search, collaboration and extra controls & compliance capabilities each of which are outlined below:
G Suite Basic limits storage to 30GB per user, whereas G Suite Business delivers unlimited storage provided you have 5 or more G Suite Business user accounts within your organisation. If there are 4 or fewer users, each user gets 1 TB of storage
G Suite Business offers smart G Suite Cloud Search capabilities which G Suite Basic doesn’t.
Users can use Google Cloud Search to:
- Search for business content across Gmail, Docs, Calendar, and their other G Suite services
- Receive useful information and suggestions from assist cards
With shared drives, business files belong to a team instead of an individual. If a team member leave, files stay where they are so the rest of the team can continue to collaborate and share information and get the job done. Learn more
Extra Controls & Compliance
Archiving with Vault
Use Vault to retain, archive, search, and export your organization’s data for eDiscovery and compliance needs. Learn more
- Advanced Drive Audit reporting, Custom Alerts, APIs. Learn more
- Mobile Audits & Alerts, such as when a device has been compromised. Learn more
Drive activity alerts
Get custom alerts on Drive activity, such as when documents are shared outside your domain. Learn more
Deploy and monitor security keys for your organization, and purchase them at a discounted rate. Learn more
Extra policy controls
Limit even more tasks to specific users, based on organizational units.
- Sync Drive files with local files on their computer. Learn more
- Share Drive and Docs editors files outside your organization, to anyone or only whitelisted domains. Learn more
- Use Docs editors offline. Learn more
- Open files in third-party web apps from the Chrome Web Store. Learn more
- Use Docs add-ons built by third-party developers. Learn more
What is G Suite Enterprise?
The third edition of G Suite called Enterprise is the premium suite that adds advanced controls and features, for the most demanding enterprises and organizations, such as data loss prevention (DLP), G Suite security center, and email Secure/Multipurpose Internet Mail Extensions (S/MIME) encryption.
- Enhance Google Drive security. Add additional layer of protection to prevent sensitive information from being revealed to those who shouldn’t have it.
- Scan email traffic for specific content, such as credit card or social security numbers. Set up policy-based actions when this content is detected.
- Scan images for text. Identify and mitigate loss of confidential data in scanned images.
- Use a third-party archiving product to store and discover mission-critical email.
- Analyze Gmail logs in BigQuery, using advanced and customized queries.
- Use S/MIME encryption to enhance email security.
- Automate mobile device management tasks by setting custom rules that get triggered when suspicious events are detected.
- Pricing for G Suite Enterprise starts from $25 per user per month
What is G Suite Drive Enterprise
Drive Entreprise is another Edition of G Suite providing the complete range of Drive features, for organizations that don’t need Gmail and other core G Suite services.
You can very well call it Google Drive on Steroids transforming the way your organisation stores, accesses, and secures files. Drive Enterprise includes Docs editors, Sites, and Google Vault.
What is G Suite for Education and for Nonprofits?
G Suite for Education & Non Profits is a special edition of G Suite giving schools and charities access to G Suite for free or at a discounted rate.
Interested in G Suite? Sign up for G Suite here.